Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sewing pieces

I finally have some time to post my finished projects. First, the grocery bag:




It's by no means as stylish or pretty as I imagined, but it gets the job done. I have enough fabric to make another one, but I'm trying to decide if I can make a messenger bag out of it. I want to be able to ride my bike to the grocery store, but I can't carry things back in a bag like this.


I also finally finished a shirt I've been meaning to alter for some time now:






I'm really happy with the way it turned out. The elastic around the bottom might work on some 16 year old, but I really wanted it loose and longer like a tunic. I wasn't sure what kind of fabric I should go with because the shirt is so busy. I didn't think a solid piece would work. When I found my final choice, I was fairly pleased. It compliments the red in the shirt and the flowers, but it's muted as well.


1 comment:

Little Lugs said...

Sweet! Love them both.