Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weekend Update

I had high hopes of sitting down and reading the last Harry Potter book this weekend, but then decided that I enjoy savoring books. That decision gave me a lot of time to reorganize my yarn stash--sadly, since my moratorium on yarn buying was lifted I really haven't bought anything, and yet my yarn stash hasn't gone anywhere either. I posted earlier about making some washcloths and here's one I made this weekend (using up one skein of Sugar'nCream):
I will probably be making more--they're fun and fast and I really need more washcloths. The pattern is the Stepped Ridge pattern from Dishcloth Botique.

I also (almost) finished this guy:
He still needs eyes and a scarf but I didn't have any matching Red Heart Soft yarn in a color I liked. I got this pattern from Lucinda Guy's book And So To Bed... I thought the pattern was rather confusing and totally wrong in some parts, but with a little thought, I figured out what it meant. This was a lesson in seams. I've never stitched purl seams before. It was good practice. On the bright side, because I made that mushroom sweater, the insartia part was really easy. And I did not make this owl because of Harry Potter...it was just a cute toy!

1 comment:

Little Lugs said...

I lurve your little owly! I can't wait to see him all dressed up. Great washcloth, too - I have a bunch of Sugar & Cream I should make into dishcloths, too...must remember to visit Dishcloth Boutique...