Wednesday, August 29, 2007

While I wasn't knitting the Stag Bag...

I continued to work on my striped henley sweater:

I am making this up as I go so this might not make it to the final stages. I got the henley idea from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Around. I originally wanted to make a fair isle, but I don't think I'll have enough yarn. I'm using my Chaco yarn I bought at Smiley's Yarn Riot back in January:

At that price, I should have bought a lot more!

I also started knitting the Pea Pod Baby Set from Knitting Daily.
This is how far I got:
I had a horrific ball of Red Heart supersaver yarn and thought I'd use it up, but the gauge was way off so I ran out before I could work on the arms. I love this pattern though and I think the Berroco yarn I am using for the Stag Bag will work great for this pattern. I will continue to hold onto the impulse buy yarn that I have no desire to use anymore :(

Finally, here's a picture of the finished owl:

1 comment:

Little Lugs said...

OMG ponies!!1! I love that owley, he is so cute. And I really hope the henley survives because I love how it's started out - great colors, great stripes. I have yet to even think about using my Smiley's Chaco stash...I've only recently bought some Elizabeth Zimmermann books and I think she's great but I don't know if I'm ready for that next step of constructing my own patterns. Anyway, nice work as always, Rita!