Thursday, September 13, 2007

Stag Bag progress + first holiday project

Here is the Stag Bag so far, all pinned up for blocking. After I sewed the side seams I fulled the bag lightly to tighten it up, and now it has a nice fuzzy, dense, felty kind of feel. The mohair in Lamb's Pride really fuzzes up, which I like. I've started knitting handles, which I think I will do differently than the pattern; I will probably make two tote-like handles rather than one long shoulder strap. I'm also debating whether I will do an applied I-cord along the side seams or just leave them. In any case, I'm pretty happy with it so far - it's huge! And I do love big bags. Oh, and I will be lining it, too, at some point.


And here is a new work in progress, the first sock I've ever knitted, which will be a Christmas gift. The yarn is superwash merino and so far, it's going pretty well. I'm using a really basic pattern from Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd. I haven't gotten to the really terrifying parts of the pattern yet (heel, instep, toes) but I'm cautiously optimistic.

1 comment:

Rita Chenowith said...

I like you fulling idea for the stag bag. I think I will do the same thing. I certainly need to block it! It's all puckery (and white).