Sunday, October 07, 2007

My Picture-free post

I don't have my camera! I forgot it at my parents house this weekend! I might not be back before Christmas! What am I going to do?

I will still mention my weekend work. I finished the body of my stag bag. I am blocking it right now, but I don't know what I was thinking. I didn't knit the sides up before I did it! I now have a fuzzy bag and will have to find a nice seam when it is dry. It is huge! I was imagining it to be purse-ish bag size, but it's going to fit my lunch, book, and cat with room to spare. I think that a liner is required so it doesn't stretch to the floor when I stuff it full of my vagabond life. It sure would be great if Tippi could give a tutorial of how to add a liner...

My other weekend project was the socks that I've been working on all year. I finally got the bug to finish them, but I just finished the second heel and I don't have enough yarn! I'm about two inches shy. I really can't follow whatever rule I laid out all that time ago. I am constantly running out of yarn for projects. Gah. This makes me mad only because I should have enough for two socks, but I guess I like the sock to be longer than normal. Maybe I just have legs a piano can stand on :) In any event, I might try and find the yarn again--does dye lot matter all that much? On the other hand, I probably won't wear these things.

I feel like my whole weekend was a waste!

1 comment:

Little Lugs said...

My stag bag is enormous, too. I finally got some fabric to line it with so you just might get your tutorial after all!
I have the opposite problem from you - I am constantly buying way too much yarn and ending up with weird amounts. I guess it's why I like scrap projects so much. But you know, I did run out of pink yarn for that baby sweater and had to order more online, and luckily the dye lots match really well even though I bought the yarn almost a year apart.
Anyway, enough babble.