Friday, November 16, 2007

Little sweater

It's the February Baby Sweater by the wonderful Elizabeth Zimmermann, knit in the yarn from a ripped-out old sweater of mine. I really enjoyed knitting this for a brand new baby, although she probably won't be big enough for it for a couple of months.


And these are my two-at-a-time socks! After the first couple of rows, it became easy to handle the two needles and manipulate the turns. It's so exciting to think that I'll get to avoid the notorious Second Sock Syndrome and have a complete pair when it's all over. The only downside is that the multiple components don't lend themselves well to subway knitting, which is how I've been trying to make a dent in my holiday knitting goal.

1 comment:

Rita Chenowith said...

Wow! I've heard about knitting two socks at once but never tried it! I should since I never make it to the second sock. I love the baby sweater too. It's all over Ravelry and it looks so cute.