Thursday, January 10, 2008

What a Surprise!

I spend my days opening mail for other people, so it was such a surprise to actually see something in the mail addressed to me today! And once I opened said package, I was floored to see what was inside!
Here is an action shot of me enjoying my new mittens Tippi knit for me! They are unbelievable (and with cute little squirrels-- and green trim that doesn't show on the picture). These mittens are amazing and so thoughtful a gift and I totally love them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thoroughly impressed with your knitting skills Tippi!
And Rita was giddy. Truly giddy!

Little Lugs said...

I'm so glad you like them! I wish I'd documented the process better; the second one turned out WAY bigger than the first and it took several days of aggressive blocking and dryer-ing to get them around the same size :-S
The pattern, by the way, is from the Elliphantom blog - see Squirrely Swedish Mittens - and the yarn is Blue Sky Aplacas sport weight. I knew that pattern was for Rita as soon as I saw it!