Sunday, July 13, 2008

A blanket

I thought I'd stop by and show off a small project that I've been doing this summer. I knew I'd slow down with my crafting, but I feel like I'm almost going backwards! 
In the spring I had an idea to make a new "lunch-time laying out on the Capitol lawn" blanket and I read about a fun quilt block and thought I'd try a Disappearing 9 Patch quilt. I haven't quilted in many years and the lack of space in my apartment basically set this up as 
a suicide mission. I slowly pieced, ironed, sewed, and trimmed to finally finish the quilt top this weekend. I also bought the backing this weekend. I have to quilt it next, which probably won't happen for a couple weeks. I just might have this quilt done before summer is over. (My cat seems to like it already!)

1 comment:

Little Lugs said...

Typically modest of Rita to call this a "small" project! It's completely sweet & makes me miss the Capitol :-(. This adds fuel to my desire to learn quilting; I started saving bits of old clothes to make a crazy quilt (which will likely go beyond crazy to just insane).