Sunday, March 25, 2007

Finished Project Round-up

Well, I have put off posting here for so long, I've decided to gather all my finished projects. First:




I blocked it a little too big, so I'm thinking of trying it again. I don't know if a sweater will shrink the second time around, but maybe I'll have to wash it in slightly warmer water. Over all, I'm pretty happy with it. The buttons were a lot of fun and when I'm not lazy, maybe I'll take a picture of them.

Project #2:

Yes! I finally finished my first pair of socks! They were really fast to knit when I finally got around to actually knitting them. I used this pattern for Moda Dea Sassy Stripes yarn but modified the heel and made my own instructions for a short-row heel based on these sock instructions. The short row heel was SO easy. For a long time I tried using a pattern that didn't wrap the short-row, but I would always mess up somwhere and never pick up that second sock but I'm sticking with a basic short row from here on out.

Project #3:

This is a baby sweater my mom wanted me to knit for a friend of my little sister (whew!). I used an interesting pattern from Knitty. I though it was interesting that the sleeves were knit separate from the body and then attached. A topdown raglan is so easy to knit (see project #1) so this was a nice change. I didn't have enough yarn (this was started before I published Knitting Lesson #1) so one sleeve is way off and this sweater suffers from a term I have coined as The Colorway Curse.

The Colorway Curse is defined as irregular or unflatterning patterns created from using colorway yarn, a particular pattern, gauge, and needle size. Notice the sleeve's odd pattern. I don't want to take credit for this, but the baby will probably wear it once before it outgrows it, so I'm not too stressed.

2 comments:

Little Lugs said...

The red sweater looks brilliant! Ditto the socks, and I love the idea of the short-row heel - you'll have to fill me in on that. And the baby sweater is so cute. You know, I actually really like the weird patterns made by space-dyed yarns, so I think the sleeves look great. That'll be a stylish baby.

Laura said...

I would have never seen the difference in the sleeves had you not pointed them out. And for the sweater...I like the modeling job. more of it!