Sunday, April 01, 2007

Orange dress

Last week I bought the latest issue of Vogue Knitting and it's beautiful as always, with one project that really jumped out at me, so much that I literally put down the magazine, went to my stash trunk, and started working on it right away. It's the dress pictured on page 80, shown here with the first few inches:


The yarn is Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK - not something I'd usually use because it's expensive, and I try to buy easier-care fibers, but there was a bag of 11 balls on sale for half off at the yarn shop last fall, and I loved the color so much that I bought it and put it away until I found the right pattern. I'm a little worried I'll be cutting it close with the yardage...I guess we'll see!

And now for the action shot of my last project, the Giant Sweater!


It's extremely warm so I probably won't get much more wear out of it this season. It was pictured as a dress in the magazine but I like wearing it and other dresses over a pair of obscenely tight jeans I bought just for the purpose, so they don't add too much bulk where I don't want it :-)

No comments: