Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I cheated!

So I'm not quite done with my sweater--I'm stalling on the buttons, but I really want to finish a baby sweater my mom commissioned me to make so I went to a long forgotten Ben Franklin in Monona today. They had supplies for crafts that went way out of style in the 70's (but I did find bags of latch-hook yarn so I'm going to finally make my long desired latch-hook wall hanging!) I also found the Sugar and Cream yarn I needed. They had every color imaginable so I impulsively decided to buy yarn for a washcloth/towel set...



The two green/yellow skeins are for the baby sweater, but the orange, yellow and rainbow are for my kitchen. I really wanted brown and orange but there wasn't a colorway skein with brown and orange; strange considering the rest of the out of date stuff they had!
I'm off to look for a great washcloth and towel pattern...and I'll accept any suggestions.

1 comment:

Little Lugs said...

BEN FRANKLIN?!?!? I'm so jealous - Ben Franklin was a huge part of my childhood; I'd walk there with my Mom and sisters to get notions and spend my birthday money on Barbies and candy. Next time I'm in your town you are taking me there with you! And I still remember vividly my sister's rainbow & cloud latchhook wall hanging :-)
Anyway, Lion Brand has a lot of towel & washcloth patterns that are free, in the Bath and Kitchen sections of the pattern finder.