Friday, April 27, 2007

Beyond Yarn

Well, it's been a long time since I rapped at ya! I thought I'd post some non-knitting needle work I did recently: I made some curtains for my bedroom. I'm often uninspired by curtains. They're too expensive, not very fun or creative, and they don't fit the window the way I want. I also want to start working with my sewing machine more, so I did and here is the result:

And here is the detail:


I found the sheer curtain at Target but it was too thin and boring, so I added the purple liner, with pink stitching!, and added a cute paisley edging to give it a little extra fun. I think I'm going to be adding panels of fabric to other things this summer (I have a cute shirt that's just a tad too short I'm going to try this with it next).
Also, my obligatory cat shots are getting way out of hand but that darn cat is a real ham!

2 comments:

Rita Chenowith said...

Yeah for Firefox! My pictures link to the bigger size without me doing a thing! Down with IE!

Little Lugs said...

Sweet! I was going to tell you that the big-picture link worked but I see you already noticed. I love the Eliot Extreme-Close-Up option! I love the curtains - I should take some inspiration from you and make some for my place. You might also have inspired me to drag out my behemoth of a sewing machine too. Anyway, I love how Eliot shows up in all your pictures, and how somehow she manages to beautifully color-coordinate with all your projects!