Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I know you are but what am I?

I was hoping to use the yarn specified in the Stag Bag pattern, and like Rita, I'd surveyed the colors and decided that the Chocolate & Fennel really were the best combination. However, the yarn store didn't have either Ultra Alpaca Light or Ultra Alpaca, and it's the only yarn store I've been to here that has nice salespeople, so rather than give my money to New York Yarn Nazis I went with my old favorite, Lamb's Pride, from the nice people. I chose a really dark reddish purple and a slightly heathered wheat color; I really really love this yarn and these two colors, but I hope my choices don't turn out to be too contrasty.


A bonus result of this change of plans is that the bag will turn out larger, and I love big bags. So then, let the great experiment begin!

No comments: