Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A wee update

Circumstances have conspired to keep me away from knitting lately, which is very bad considering how many holiday gift projects I've set out to make. The brown sock has been made twice now, and has turned out way to big both times, so in a fit of frustration I bought the book Knitting Circles Around Socks, plus two circular needles in a smaller size, in the hopes that not only will I end up with a normal-sized sock but maybe save a little time by doing the two at once.

While I waited for the book to arrive I needed a portable project to work on during my lunch breaks, so I started my first Elizabeth Zimmermann project, the February Baby Sweater:


The yarn is reused from the sweater I ripped apart a few months ago. I think it's a perfect baby color, plus it's machine washable. This pattern is going incredibly fast, and is terribly cute. If I have time (hah) I want to make the baby leggings from the same book in the same yarn...but I might have to settle for just booties or a bonnet.

I actually do have a few more projects underway, but since those are destined to be gifts for people who may read this, they'll have to remain secret for now. :-)

No comments: