Sunday, October 21, 2007

Photo Frenzy!

I have my camera back! I thought I'd update my knitting progress.
First, I finished my Stag Bag:
The liner isn't quite right...Tippi's how-to was really helpful. I think I need to reinforce my strap. I wanted an over-the-shoulder I knit two i-cords but they stretch and really pull on the bag so I might add a fabric underside to the straps. I haven't had time yet for that. The bag is usable (and being used). I have to admit to being a bit wary about my talents and desire for the bag, but it's so great. I'm so glad to have tried this bag.

I also made another bag this week:
I didn't quite have the right colors to make the Candy Corn Bag. My bag also really belled out when I felted it. I used Patons wool. I've felted with this before, but it really acted funny this time. The different colors seemed to felt at different times. I think the original is much cuter, but this was just a quick little project. Halloween is so close and I want to be able to use it this year.

Finally, I started another baby sweater:
It's the Jo-Jo Basic Crew Sweater from Louisa Harding's Natural Knits for Babies and Moms. I'm using Lion Brand Wool-ease worsted weight yarn, so it's not so natural, but I am trying to work through my stash still. There's a lot of cute ideas in this book.

1 comment:

Little Lugs said...

I love it - the lining fabric is perfect (it's so Rita)! Three cheers for Rita for being such a good sport & going along with this project! I owe you one.
You really whipped that candy corn bag up fast! Now someone just needs to come up with a Peep bag for next Easter.