Monday, December 03, 2007

Good Grief!

I had high hopes of posting something every day of December this year. I seem to have plenty of projects, but not enough time I guess. To kind of catch up, here are three recently finished projects:


First, I made another green A-line skirt. This time, I added pockets, which was fun to think about and plan for. I didn't use a pattern again and I still like the skirt, but I think it flares out a little more than I wanted but I can never tell what it'll look like until I have it all sewed up and by then I'm not tearing it out again. Also, I added a liner but didn't take a picture of it.






Next, I had a request from a friend to knit a Charlie Brown sweater. I didn't think I had to time or desire to knit a whole yellow and black sweater so I compromised and knit a hat instead. I made the pattern all by myself (not too hard, thankfully!) I used my favorite Cascade 220 yarn and followed the Hats that Fit by Nancy Lindberg pattern.




And finally I started my holiday crafting. I feel fairly safe posting what I've worked on so far. I'm making bags for both my grandmas and here's one bag all finished up. I used the Curved Gusset Bag from U-handblog. It sewed up really fast and it was easy even for me. It turned out really well and it's huge! I think it's almost too big.




More tomorrow!

2 comments:

Little Lugs said...

You are a machine! I'm still knitting socks I started in *August*. Can you believe I've still never knit with Cascade 220?! It always looks great- I should buy some now before my great 2008 yarn-buying moratorium goes into effect.

ekshochet said...

The Charlie Brown hat is the greatest hat I have ever seen. It is the Great Pumpkin of hats. I am hoping to contact Rita Chenowith to commission her to create one for me. I hope the Great Pumpkin will appear this Halloween. ekshochet@gmail.com is where I can be reached.