Monday, February 25, 2008

Kaino

I guess you can tell what happened to the orange dress from long ago.... My stash of closeout Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK has finally found the right pattern - this is the Kaino vest from Norah Gaughan Vol.1, by Berroco. I used the yarn doubled up so the vest is so so warm. Very comfy too, and looks good over long or short sleeves (I can't wait to try it with a dress). Norah Gaughan is my hero; my Ravelry queue is mostly her stuff, and I'd make all of it tomorrow if I could. I *did* have to break my yarn-buying diet when I realized 2/3 of the way through that I'd run out of yarn. Luckily for me this yarn is discontinued but pretty readily available, so I was able to get some at a great discount. Still, I feel bad about breaking my resolution, so I'm adding another two weeks to the end of my diet - July 14 is the new end date.

1 comment:

Rita Chenowith said...

This is really cool! I love how all your finished products look really professional! If only I could knit my sweater as fast!