Saturday, March 01, 2008

Pestopotatopeafennelsausagepasta

No, this isn't a food blog, and clearly I'm no food photographer, but I'm so in love with this recipe that I'm sharing it anyway. I had spaghetti with potatoes, green beans, and pesto for lunch at an Italian place a few weeks ago and ever since I've been making some version of at home two or three times a week. Cheap, fast, so tasty.

It's just 1 large red potato, 1 large fennel bulb, and 2 Boca Italian sausages, all sliced 1/4 inch thick, sauteed with 2 cloves of garlic in butter and/or olive oil until potatoes are soft & everything is nice and brown around the edges. Add fresh or frozen green beans or peas at the end & continue to cook/toss until they're heated through. Salt, pepper, & crushed red pepper to taste, then toss it all with 1/2 pound cooked pasta & about 1/2 cup of pesto. Feta or parmesan cheese are both great on top of this. Best to have a glass of wine with this! Trust me, it's better than it looks in the photo. The potato-fennel-sausage-garlic combination is also fantastic on pizza.

1 comment:

Rita Chenowith said...

Oh my! How yummy! You know me, I can't turn down a dish with cavatappi noodles in it!