Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Slow Down

Note to self: Never make a resolution! I just never have anything to post anymore. Now that school has started again, my free time has evaporated...and I'm lazy :O)
So here are some socks I knit up a couple weeks ago for my mom's birthday.




They look kind of lame in the picture (my mom does not have monster feet). I used the "On-Your-Toes" Socks pattern by Ann Budd from the Interweave Knits Summer 2007 issue. I used Lang Yarns Aktion Jawoll. The yarn came with extra thread for the heel and toe, which was nice. I LOVE knitting from the toe up! I had no idea it would work so much faster. I struggled a little to finish the second one, but I finished--that's the key! I also really liked how the short row heel was worked; much thicker and stronger than the other pattern I've used in the past. This pattern also has directions for knee-highs, so I'm going to attempt that next!

3 comments:

Little Lugs said...

I have been wanting to try toe-up socks! I hate finishing those toes - even 6 grafted stitches are 6 too many, if you ask me. Nice work as always!

Rita Chenowith said...

Getting the toe started is a pain...so many needles and only 8 stitches. It was really easy to twist the stitches and use the wrong needle...but once a couple rows were worked, it was easy sailing.

swan said...

Hi the socks look great I have a couple of kits I picked up from ebay they are sitting in my stash. Right now I am trying to figure out entrelac and getting up the nerve to do a scandinavian sweater, I am worried about steeks. Does anybody have Anny Blatt 141? I am interested in one pattern in particular. I am in grad school and knitting saves my life from the stress.