Sunday, February 10, 2008

Works in progress

With all the snow (and snow days!) I've had this week, I've been able to work on a couple things.
I started the first item a couple of weeks ago, but it's going to take me a while. Tippi may recognize it as a suggestion for a new knit-along, but I just couldn't wait! (Not to mention, knit-alongs shouldn't take months on end, so this wasn't a good choice anyway).



It's the Tangled Yolk Cardigan from the Interweave Knits, Fall 2007 issue. I'm using the yarn it called for, Rowan Felted Tweed in ginger. My gauge was way off so instead of knitting with marginally usable size 5 needles, I had to go down to a size 3 needle! It's taking a while and the gauge is still a little wonky but I'm fine with that since the new gauge will fit me better anyway. I'm just starting the second sleeve, but after that, I get to work on the actual cabling, and maybe I can wear it in the fall!




And the second item is the "Baby's First Ball"
pattern from Knitting For Baby. Who can resist felted balls in bright colors? I'm using scrap Paton's wool--I tend to stock up on that stuff. It's somewhat cheap and great for felting small little projects.

1 comment:

Little Lugs said...

That cardigan looks great - gorgeous color! You're not off the hook for choosing the next knit-along though!