Saturday, March 15, 2008

Manly knitting

Although I could never top this project for sheer, legendary manliness, here are my latest attempts at knitting for men. On the left is another pair of Basic Socks from the Ann Budd book, in Wool-Ease Sportweight. They're for my Dad's birthday. On the right is the Seamless Hybrid from Knitting Without Tears. I'm using Cotton-Ease in Charcoal; it's really kind of like a faded black color, and my husband picked it out when I gave him some choices from my stash. I'm basing the measurements on his favorite Gap cotton sweater, but I'm still pretty nervous about how it will turn out in the end. I knit a sweater for him long ago when I was very inexperienced, and the result is only suitable for wearing while, I don't know, gutting fish maybe? He's really excited about this one based on the pictures in the book, so the pressure's on!

1 comment:

Rita Chenowith said...

Tippi, I was really expecting to see your sweater up and finished before I posted again! You're so fast! (and funny--I had kind of forgot about my manly knitting!)