Sunday, March 09, 2008

The sweater that will end this long, long winter

I have knit the sweater that will end winter!

I knit this sweater for a one month old baby, and I made it a little bigger so he could wear it around 6 months. Well, it wasn't until I was finishing the seams that I stopped and though, "hmm, he'll be 6 months in July!". I didn't really think through the whole sweater situation. He is growing like a weed though so I reconsidered things, and in light of the never-ending winter, thought he might be able to wear it yet this winter/spring.

However, because I really want him to wear it, it makes perfect sense that winter will stop this very week! Temps are supposed get higher than the teens!


Here are the details on the sweater:

Yarn: The main color is Nashua Creative Focus Superwash. The trim is some scrap Cascade 220 I had. I once again broke my rule about buying more yarn than needed, and would have run out before finishing the trim so I improvised and I think it works. It beats having most of a another skein of yarn I don't want. It's not a Christmas sweater; it's a tomato sweater --whatever that means! :O)

Pattern: The Oz Vest from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms by Louisa Harding.

It was very nice to knit and finish a project so quickly!

1 comment:

Little Lugs said...

Very cute; I like the trim, I never would have guessed it was an improvisation. Fantastic buttons, too! The great thing is that it's a vest so it's not a winter-only garment.