Sunday, April 13, 2008

The big reveal!

I finished my Tangled Yolk Cardigan! I've been waiting for a good time to take an action shot though. Despite it being April on the calendar, Wisconsin still is in the midst of winter; yes, we had snow and a high of 38 this weekend. Yeah....needless to say, the lighting has been less than spectacular for taking detailed shots of tangled yolks. I don't think this picture does it justice, but I can't wait any longer!


This sweater is everything I started knitting for. It is SO amazing. I blocked it to the right size and it fits me so well. It is such a wonderful color!

One small story to go along with this post:
I was showing my non-knitting mother my sweater and I mentioned what a pain the pattern was. I had a hard time keeping track of 200+ stitches, where I was in the pattern, etc. She responded with "Don't you use markers when you knit?" DUH! As much as this sweater really shows off all that I've learned, I still think the knitting police should take away my needles. It never even crossed my mind to mark the repeating sections of the pattern. Oh, the nights of ripped out knitting....I guess I learned another valuable lesson!

Yeah! And since it's still so cold out, I can wear it before summer. I think my co-workers will think I'm crazy for wearing it everyday!

1 comment:

Little Lugs said...

This is my favorite project yet on this blog - you should be really proud of this, it turned out beautifully! It's exactly the kind of project I hope to master someday - so pretty and totally wearable.