Saturday, April 19, 2008

Seamless hybrid













I finally finished the sweater for husband. On the left is a shot of him trying it on before hemming; I ended up adding about an inch and a half to the hem, but the rest fit really well. The photo below is the wrong side before weaving in ends. I put a message into the hem facing - sorry for the naughty language, we somehow gave each other these nicknames a long time ago and they just stuck. He thought that was a nice touch. The top right-hand photo is the finished sweater after its first washing.
I really enjoyed knitting this pattern, the Seamless Hybrid from Knitting Without Tears. The shoulder construction is ingenious! I learned a lot from this project and tried a few things for the first time with an acceptable level of success, enough to give me the confidence to keep trying new stuff. This was the first time I made a swatch and laundered it to check for shrinkage; the first time I ripped a cast-on edge and knit down from it; the first time I used a "percentages" pattern; and the first time I successfully grafted (thanks to the amazing TechKnitter's non-Kitchener tutorial). All in all, I'm happy with this sweater and so is the man.

1 comment:

Rita Chenowith said...

Great sweater...isn't it so nice to finish a big project and have it turn out so nice in the end?