Thursday, January 25, 2007

Projects preview


Nice work, Rita! Those mittens are my favorite!


I recently finished my first sweater, actually for my husband, which was the Lace Leaf Pullover from Teva Durham's Loop-d-Loop book...knitted without the lace panels and button closure at the neck to make it less girly. Anyway, I want to make one for myself now, and I chose the Cap Sleeve Vest from the Winter issue of KnitSimple. I also received some gorgeous yellow wool as a gift from my Mom, and I'm going to use it for the Star Bag by Ann Budd from Interweave Knits' Fall 2006 Give Me A Handbag! staff project. I plan to make a few changes to the handle and possibly the top edge of the bag, but I think it will look great in that amazing yellow.


So this picture shows sort of my current projects bag, with the yellow wool and the heathery pink Wool-Ease I'm going to use for my sweater:



...and just because, here's a picture of the trunk that holds my stash...just the top layer...it's about 4 or 5 layers deep underneath that:


No comments: