Sunday, March 04, 2007

The pink sweater that never was

Well, it just wasn't meant to be...I finished the pink sweater and tried it on, and it was close, but just not close enough. The fit was just a little off, and I couldn't help thinking how much better the sweater looked in the space-dyed yarn used in the magazine I saw it in, so I'm sadly going to rip it out and reuse the yarn. I definitely want to remake the sweater in a new, yet to be determined yarn, and with some slight modifications to the sleeves.


:-|

3 comments:

Rita Chenowith said...

Next time I want you to model the half-sweater before you tear it out :)

Laura said...

Before you take apart the sweater...you must document the mistake so you don't repeat it. I would love to see what the sweater looked like...
Lo.

Little Lugs said...

I *knew* I'd be admonished for not documenting the reject sweater...and rightly so - we're here to learn, aren't we? I'm working on a new sweater now, much simpler than the pink one, that I promise to photograph. Promise.