Sunday, June 01, 2008

Current status













Here's a update on the ongoing scrap blanket; I've been working on it a lot lately as a nice break from garment knitting. It's the perfect mindless project to work on while indulging in TV on DVD. It's about 3 1/2 feet square now. I just really love scrap projects - I love the ugliness of them, how colors unexpectedly work with each other, and I especially love getting to handle all the leftover yarns again.

On the right is the beginning of a baby-sized version of the Tree of Life Afghan by Lion Brand. I'm using Wool-Ease Sportweight from Smiley's. It's slow going now that I've gotten to the interwoven tree branch motif - definitely not a suitable TV knitting project, I have to really focus on this one.

1 comment:

Rita Chenowith said...

I can't wait to see the Tree of Life afghan...it looks like a great project.